The OERu offers a wide array of online services, all Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), for the benefit of its global learner community, its partner representatives, and educators in general.
As of this writing, in February 2021, we run the following production systems:
- a WordPress multisite - our course delivery site - https://course.oeru.org
- 3 standalone WordPress instances - organisational content managed websites: https://coep.nz, https://oer4covid.oeru.org, https://oerfoundation.org
- 2 Drupal 8 sites - our information tech site (this site!) and our H5P learning object builders - https://tech.oeru.org, https://h5p.oeru.org
- 2 Discoursen - market leading, full-featured forums - https://community.oeru.org, https://forums.oeru.org, https://test.forum.oeru.org
- NextCloud - https://docs.oeru.org - for file sharing and many other uses, including collaborative online document/spreadsheet/presentation authoring with two "office" services:
- BigBlueButton - a large scale real-time video conferencing and educational collaboration platform - https://speak.oeru.org) along with a
- Mautic - mailing list automation management - https://mautic.oeru.org
- Rocket.Chat - rich chat service - https://chat.oeru.org - comparable to Slack or DIscord.
- Keycloak - authentication and identity management system for Single Sign-on system (not yet launched) - https://folk.oeru.org
- Mastodon - Twitter-esque but distributed and federated open source social network - https://mastodon.oeru.org
- Mailcow - a full multi-tenanted SMTP/IMAP/POP email system with active spam filtering, user self-service, DKIM configuration/management, webmail, & much more - even virus scanning for Windows clients - https://about.oerfoundation.org - supplying all email services for the oeru.org, oerfoundation.org, and coep.nz domains.
- YourLS link shortener - https://oer.nz
- Matomo - website analytics (like Google Analytics, but without leaking private information) - https://stat.oeru.org
- Mahara - online academic portfolio tool - https://portfolio.oerfoundation.org
- Moodle - market leading learning management system - https://moodle.oeru.org
- SilverStripe - our main OERu website - https://oeru.org
- MediaWiki - collaboration platform for OER development built on the same platform on which Wikipedia is built - https://wikieducator.org
- GitLab - a software developer version control/collaboration tool (https://git.oeru.org)
- LimeSurvey - survey tool (https://survey.oeru.org)
- BitWarden - password manager and cross-device sync service - https://safe.oeru.org - our howto for hosting your own.
- Etherpad-lite - simple collaborative editing platform - https://etherpad.oeru.org
- Semantic Scuttle instance - a collaborative public website bookmarking service - https://bookmarks.oeru.org
We also maintain development and testing/staging instances of most of these services. Our services are all hosted on virtual Linux servers (we mostly run Ubuntu Linux) provided by commodity cloud hosting providers via Docker and Docker Compose. In future, we expect to move to "just-in-time" scaling via Kubernetes (or similar).